September 26, 2007

Could someone tell me...

...how to make this week go any faster...Monday evening of next week my cute little mom is coming for the week...it has almost been 9 months since we have seen each other, I can't even tell you how silly excited we are! She is bringing Seth ( two years old from Guatemala and their youngest) and we are envisioning talking our heads off, drinking an insane amount of coke, watching our babies play (SO fun!) swimming every day (oh, whip cream on the cake, our dear friend is paying for us to have a room at a hotel in the city, the whole week) and...and....everything a girl would want do with her mom she hasn't seen in 9 months...more than anything I want to see my mom with Madi in her arms!! It will be a very busy week as we are taking pictures of children in process, seeing attorneys, foster mothers, all our waiting children...so, working, but we will be together and knowing the two of us, talking non stop. My mom wants to come to Antigua to visit Hermano Pedro at least once ( she was actually the one who introduced me to Hermano Pedro almost 6 years ago and daily asks about individual children there) and she would also love to see Steve and Shyrel, so we will see how much we can squeeze in...I personally am excited about just being in the city... AC, huge bathtub, hot water ( did you hear that Alison...oh, and Anne too!) swimming pool, even the elevator kinda has me jazzed... Hmmmm, call me a spoiled American but I haven't been out of Antigua for so long, the city is sparkling from my stand point!! :-) THEN as if the week could get any better...my amazing friends Mary and Kelley are flying down from Michigan and staying for a long weekend, Friday through Wednesday....their great husbands are taking care of the children and we are counting the minutes until we are together and can act like school girls ...I LOVE these friends!!Tons of pictures are coming, trust me, you are going to be begging for me to stop, but I just won't be able to help myself!

****By the way....as you have probably picked up on, I usually blog late at nights which is when I am "free" and honestly should be in bed instead of making my friends suffer with my terrible typos because my mind already went to bed hours before..... so, sorry guys and thanks for your patience!! Could I also just thank those of you who e-mailed me privately after I posted "Real Life" I literally cried over every e-mail and was just ministered to by you, your journey and the testimony of God in your life...RICH RICH RICH and I am so blessed by you, thank you!

7 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Melissa,
You are going to have such an amazing few weeks!!! I know how sweet it is to have your mom beside you. I will be praying for your time together. I can't wait to see a picture of her. Do ya'll have a family photo?? I would love to see that too.

Love, Lindsey

Blessed Mommy said...

I hope you HAVE THE BEST TIME ever with your mom -- and in the meantime, i hope the days fly until she gets to you!!!!

Anonymous said...

After 10 long months you deserve to spend a wonderful week with your Mother. But I am just a little jealous!!!!! Just a few more days and the fun can start. Have a wonderful time.
Your forever friend

Anonymous said...

Oh, how wonderful!!!! To be with your mom for a week! That is great news!! I know you will have a fabuloso time! :))

Hugs,
gloria

ps. send your dear mother my love!

The Spicer Family said...

Oh, I'm jealous!! I love your mom, too! Ask her to love on Sam Sam and Alex for me, if she gets down to Hermano Pedro. I can't wait to see pictures of your time together. What a blessing you both will be to each other!

Charity Grace said...

You will have so much fun! Hug your mom for me.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I am Amanda Mohr...Katie Mohr's sister-in-law. Katie gave me Kelley's address so we could send a package to you and Sharon through her!!! Please let Kelley know that she can unload the box to bring the goodies to you guys...I know the box might be too odd to try to fit into her bags. We love you guys and are praying for all of you.
If you need anything please let us know through Katie or email me at mandamohr@yahoo.com

Blessings!!!
Amanda Mohr