August 16, 2007

Sam Sam

















I know your hearts for the children of Hermano Pedro and so many of you have asked me to hug children, pray over them, letting me know you are praying for these kids by name... Thank you, thank you, thank you.. YOU are the gift of God to these children, please continue praying!! Here are some pictures and my bad, very untechnical attempt to video Sam Sam...I can't figure out how to add sound, but I'll get some help with it and add it later. Sam Sam was having a rough day today and while most of the children had been taken outside in the courtyard and into the sunshine, Sam was left inside the ward and when I found him was banging his head against the side of his crib, he was so miserable and banging so hard and crying because it hurt but couldn't stop himself...it took him about 10 minuets being held outside, away from his crib for him to settle into some kind of peace and quiet. It takes very little...There are so many prayer needs right now, with elections and the Hague looming, the country is feeling pretty unsettled....we need prayer support for His hand of protection over the children most of all and just His direction in regards to moving forward with adoption ministry while the doors are still open. There is no doubt that He is moving and working, we all see it, talk about it, revel in it and want to align ourselves to His heart and hand....

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you for being who God wants you to be. Love you, friend.

Anonymous said...

Mel, You are a blessing from God!! Keep up the good work. We are all praying for the children.
Please write again soon.
Your forever friend
A video of Madi would be fun, when you figure it out...

Katie said...

Thanks for posting this .... I think and pray for these kids all the time. When I was fostering in Antigua we went and spent some time at this hospital.

Anonymous said...

melissa,

i am the very excited woman who met you on the street of antigua this wednesday. i can't tell you how much God is working in my life at the moment and how our meeting was a very special annointing in our lives. please get in touch with me so i can put you in contact with my friends who want to help you do more of His work!
inhisgrace7@aol.com

sending you many blessings - you are a true jewel in His crown!

I am the Clay said...

Melissa,
My prayers reach out to the precious children in Guatemala...... and of course for the political sitation right now.... I am praying for a miracle... that the doors of adoption may stay open....

The pics are priceless.....

Precious children --

May God bless you as you reach out to HIS own!

Love to you & madi!
gloria

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I have just found your blog and we adopted from Guatemala in 2002. I have a bio son with developemental delays. From the bottom of my heart, thanks for all of you.

Michelle