August 5, 2007

More news from the home front

Two friends, their adorable babies in a tiny one bedroom apartment in Antigua Guatemala = complete and total fun-ness!!!



My friend Alison ( and TSCM Managing Coordinator/Medical Ministries Coordinator) from CA is here with her son, Samuel for two weeks and honestly I think it would hurt us if we were having a better time. Sam and Madi adore each other or really Madi adores Sam, actually thinks he is brilliant and Sam bravely puts up with my little native! They couldn't be more different...Sam is serious, thoughtful (as in a deep thinker) sensitive, detailed and intent while my little chocolate drop is the farthest thing from serious, impulsive, funny, life of the party, and a complete follower...the two of them together keep Ali and I rolling! We have late night parties in my kitchen by pushing my living room chairs in there not to wake the babies who are sleeping in the living room and bedroom and during the days have enjoyed showing Ali and Sam our beautiful Antigua! We plan to introduce her to all the ministries next week, Hermano Pedro, Amor Del Nino and Casa Bernabe which will be so unbelievable for me....full circle...feels like one of those wonderful, exposing your heart to your dear friend, moments...saying "This is IT...these are the people and children who hold my heart!" Can't wait! We almost got Ali's boyfriend Jason to come for a long weekend but work prevented him...but no worries, Jason, you were one of the main topics of conversation around here, which is almost just as good! Alison, promptly labeled Madeline as "Dory" as in Dory of Finding Nemo...never have I seen a more accurate description of anyone....until that is, Alison simply walked into the kitchen one morning while I was making breakfast and scared me to death as I screamed, she laughed and said "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Dory I have been here all week" That has happened often here in Guatemala as I slowly lose my mind and any "smarts" I used to carry with me! Oh well, my friend is here and we are happy and having an amazing time....God is good as always!


There is a huge need for prayer support as we move forward with placing children with forever families with the ministries I work with....we aren't sure what we are looking at timing wise with the Hauge and yet feel such a burden to work while it is still light and we have this window of opportunity...please pray for peace in the midst of crazy busy-ness and hectic schedules, strength, grace, direction, anointing and for His blessing as He continues to keep the doors open to unite children and families together...He is still on the throne!


10 comments:

The Spicer Family said...

Yippee!!!! I've been waiting for pictures of you four beauties!!! I love the description of Madi as Dory!! That is hilarious...remind Alison to hug on those kiddoes at Hermanos Pedro for me, OK?

Have fun!!

Jill

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
I saw a link to your blog on the amor del Nino website. My wife and I have heard that Guatemala is closing down foreign adoptions in 2008. There is a child we would like to find out more about at Amor Del Nino, can you help us with the adoption process somehow?
We know Amanda T.

Thanks, Bill Schroder
bill.schroder@knology.net

Anonymous said...

Mel,
I love seeing an update here! So many fun pics and how great are those slings??!!? Love it all, miss you tons!!!~Sharon, Irene, and Belle Belle

Candy said...

Love the new pictures...So awesome your frined and her baby get to be there with you for the next few weeks....I can hardly take it..I want to be in Antigua SO bad...I talked to my Best Friend Maria...who runs the Lions Inn there today and OH OH OH I just miss Guatemala so much...I really wish my hubby felt the same....Hugs

Katie said...

So great, Mel!!! Praise God for laughter with good friends!! LOVE the pic of Madi with her feet kicked up! El would be proud if he knew how to be. Miss you friend!

p.s. love the earrings!

Blessed Mommy said...

those pics could NOT be any cuter!!! i am so glad you have such great friends visiting! praying, praying!! love to you and madi!

Anonymous said...

It's so great when friends and family come to visit!! You are so lucky to have them come so often, it seems.

God bless!!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to volunteer for a week at Casa Bernabe....Is there any way to contact you to ask you a couple of questions before I go?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
The update was great!! The pictures even better. Madi and Sam to darn cute!! I miss ya like crazy.. Happy to see the earings, maybe the eyes will be next. ha ha
Saludos a Alison
Love your forever friend

I am the Clay said...

Melissa,
I love the photo of madi with her feet up drinking her bottle! Precious!

So glad you are enjoying so many visits from so many dear friends!

Blessings,
gloria