July 28, 2007

Reunion Time!!!


Only the Lord could have orchestrated the timing of this reunion....
Katie and I met each other, I guess almost three years ago, here in Antigua....we were both living here, she was learning Spanish and I was here "fostering" my little sisters, Alli and Amanda. We met at an English Bible Study and our friendship was almost instant. We grew close during our time here and have stayed close ever since. Katie is one of those refreshingly honest people who has a beautiful way of expressing her heart and who is insightfully discerning. So often as we have journeyed together through different events in our lives, time and time again Katie would express what was going on in my own heart when I didn't have the words...definitely on the same wave length to say the least, but she also just has this amazing gift! We both returned to the states for a while and then Katie flew back to Guatemala to serve in Jalapa where her life changed dramatically as she met and married her husband, Carlos! Anyway, Katie, Carlos and her parents all just happened to be here in Guatemala for a couple weeks and I can't even tell you how much fun it has been to be together again.


The Lord can change your life in a year, that's for sure...neither one of us would have ever dreamed we would be where we are today!!


We are counting the days until my good friend Alison and her baby Samuel fly in from California on Tuesday to stay for TWO WEEKS! Yeah, pretty much ridiculously happy about that visit!! Alison has been to Guatemala once before when she flew in to help me care for little Lauren Rosenow when we were losing her due to her serious heart condition, but her visit was limited to us going back and forth from the hotel in the city to UNICAR cardiologist hospital, so I am excited to introduce her to everyone and have her live life here in Guatie with me for a few weeks! The time will go too fast, it always does!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison has a baby?? Please tell. I have so enjoy reading your Blog. You are so inspirational. So keep writing and adding pictures of precious Madi.I miss you like crazy,

Your forever friend

Candy said...

Ok girl I just found your BLOG last night and I am totally Addicted...I left Antigua on Nov1 2006...I lived there fostering Kya Blu for 6 months and I miss it SO much...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu

Candy said...

Ok I know I just left you a comment but I was wondering id any of the children at Amor Del Nino are adoptable...And who you would go through to adopt them...you can email me at cmurnan@itxnetwork.com

Thanks so much for your time we are thinking of starting again and I am leaning towards a toddler...