May 19, 2007

Our visit to Hermano Pedro










Hermano Pedro...where to begin! I could post for hours and I have hundreds of pictures of this hospital/orphanage here in Antigua! We took a group there last week and it was not the kind of group who sat awkwardly with folded hands, staring at those beautiful twisted little children in their cribs. We had barely walked in the door, when I looked around and the entire "team" had dispersed some were changing soaking diapers, some were feeding bottles ....tears flowed as they always do in this heartbreaking place, but there was no wringing of hands, everyone stepped into action into the battle zone of the sanctity of life and I was humbled once again to see Jesus in the children and in the people serving them.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Melissa...I love your blog! How is Alex doing?

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Your new blog is precious just like you! I am so thrilled to see the pictures of your beautiful baby girl! Praise God that He is using you in such a mighty way!

It seems like only yesterday that we met you and your brothers and sister, walking down the street in Guatemala, and yet, it's been 4 1/2 years!

In July our orphan ministry will be traveling to Sam Salvador to work in orphanages. I can't believe that we will be that close, but I won't be able to see you!

Thanks for making the blog so that we can follow what you are up to, a little closer! Love, Laura