June 2, 2007

Good morning.....






Well, Steve, Shyrel and their friend and social worker, Eddie and I were going to have an adoption meeting at my house this morning, so I stuck a pot of coffee on, turned on some worship music and perfect, Madi was sleeping in, so we should have some good time to meet and pray about upcoming adoptions and the children in their special needs hogar. Shyrel and Steve live life on the edge and of course sometimes it catches up with you, so they called this morning and said that Shyrel was sick and we made plans to reschedule...so here I sit in my quiet apartment, coffees on, worship music playing and the baby still asleep and thought this would be a wonderful time to highlight Steve and Shyrel Osborn's ministry, Amor Del Nino. You can't hang around any of the Scotts for long without hearing Steve and Shyrel's name come up. We lovingly refer to them as our family who lives in Guatemala and most of all desire to pattern ourselves after their lives, their passion and their ministry. Steve and Shyrel have been serving in Guatemala for I believe almost 15 years, involved in orphan care the whole time they have been here, the passion of their hearts were the special needs children of Guatemala as you know, the children who are most passed over here in this beautiful, very needy country. Steve and Shyrel now have their own special needs hogar...you can check it out at http://lovethechild.org/Home/Welcome.html and sign up for their newsletters and e-mail updates by e-mailing sosborn@amordelnino.org
You would never believe for one second walking through the doors of Amor Del Nino and greeting Steve and Shyrel's family of children, ages and special needs across the board, that these same bright, delightfully happy children are the broken, needy and cast aside of Guatemala. Steve and Shyrel, a humble precious couple from the States, have stepped in to the gaping hole in this country, to fill the gap and to bring hope and life to their amazing children! Something I love about Amor Del Nino that is unlike anything I have ever seen, is that they are a FAMILY, this is not an orphanage, these children are brought in and become sons and daughters and are prized and treasured for just who they are and the blessing they themselves bring to this growing family!!!! Years ago, when I began to feel His call on my life and then specifically heard His call in the San Salvador airport, Steve and Shyrel were my mentors in the faith and probably without knowing it helped bring this vision and call to fruition, they have absolutely been some of the most instrumental people in my life and will continue to be...

********************************************************************************



Singing and Dancing in the rain on our way home from a pizza dinner at a friend's house.....



Well, okay probably not dancing or singing IN the rain, Madi and I do plenty of that in the kitchen ( she is the only person on earth who looks at me with admiration when I sing or dance, sorry but I've got to live that up! :-) ) but we have hit RAINY SEASON in Guatemala and you don't leave the house without taking an umbrella or being prepared in some way to keep dry, because it usually rains sporadically through the day...My sister in law, Betty would be in heaven as she loves rainy days! Madi just woke up and when I laid her down on the bed to change her, she reached over and put her PJ bottoms over her still pretty heavy sleepy eyes and said " de a do" which *of course* is "peek a boo" in big girl talk and then I had to kiss her face right off....She is SO fun and such a spunky, spit fiery (is that a word?) baby...I think we might have to take a trip to the a hotel nearby today and play on the swing set with some friends, it is just that kind of day!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

4 comments:

I am the Clay said...

melissa,
I was so blessed to read about the work that the Obsorn's are involved with! What amazing people! I wish I had met them when I was living in guat.... they sound precious!

Love to you and madi!

gloria

ps. your little girl is absolutely adorable!

Katie said...

That pic of Madi makes me laugh!!

Anonymous said...

yes, spit-fiery has to be a real word, because it is the word to describe Madi. love the cute pic of her under the chair.

btw, no posts since last week.... you Ok? something must be wrong......

Anonymous said...

I've know the Osborns long time Ago and I'm wondered how God place every piece in the right place and time. God Bless you
Herson Boch