June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day....


..."He has told you, oh man, what is good...to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God"

....this verse exemplifies my dad's life...a man who walks humbly with his God! I love standing behind my dad in church, because my little brother, Matthew ( 26 years younger than me) who is 4 years old has severe Cerebral Palsy and is the light of my dad's life and trust me it goes both ways.... well, they are church buddies....my dad wheels Matthew into church with his wheelchair and they pretty much stick together, you know, like guys do....I love to see my dad worship, hands in the air, he is the example of someone who doesn't hide behind an imagine, doesn't pretend to be something other than is...a simple man, a humble man, who has been saved by grace, that's his claim and right beside him, in his wheelchair, smile on his face, my little brother Matthew, also has his hands in the air, just like his daddy...the essence and purity of a heart united in worship. That's my heritage......

Happy Father's Day, Daddy....I love you

3 comments:

Charity Grace said...

This is so sweet...Your dad is a wonderful person!

I am the Clay said...

What a precious tribute to your dad, melissa!! The Lord has truly blessed you with a wonderful father!

You are blessed!

gloria :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
I just wanted to say hi. How are you doing? Good I hope. Your little girl is so cute. I can't wait till you bring her home to Texas. And I can't wait for you to meet Sarah. She is a cutie. Sure have missed seein you at church. Hope you have a great weekend. God bless,
Nichole