June 12, 2007

Our quiet weekend.....



....hmmmm, not so much!!! Instead we hit the ground running on Thursday and didn't stop until last night, although I am not convinced we have stopped completely yet as this week promises to be another busy one!!! Lots of folks from the states, missions, adoption and work related...so I pretty much RAN the whole time, being just a little late for every meeting and dinner get together and good-bye party ( we already miss my friend Lisa and her wonderful family who are heading back to the States after the completion of their adoption for their twin girls) as I had just come from being at another meeting I was of course late for....pretty much ran around like a crazy woman and enjoyed seeing so many friends while poor Madi looked at me like a little puppy with this "Are we done yet" look in her eyes!! She was a trooper though as always!!!
************************************************************************************
My sister in law's cousin and aunt ( so does that make them family by marriage? Can I just go on ahead and claim that it does??) came for a couple weeks of ministry and Spanish and it was pure delight having them here in Antigua!!! Maria was my step in baby sitter, to Madi's joy and it was just so fun to have family here many different levels!! We love you guys!! Have a good trip home!


My friend Tamara and agency director came bearing a
plane load of donations...oh my word, did that woman bring alot...it was unbelievable and such a blessing to several ministries!!!! She stayed at a lovely hotel here in Antigua and so we had a great time, eating, swimming, eating,playing on the play ground and in REAL grass ( that IS a treat, by the way!) eating and then meetings sandwiched between all that fun stuff!





THEN, my dear friends Kirk, Kelley and kids from Michigan came to visit their two little guys they are in process to adopt as well! I met them in the rain on Thursday afternoon at the airport and we haven't been able to get of each other since...same heart, same passion...so the fellowship is always rich and encouraging!! Amazing family!!!



And this is our good-bye party for my friend, Lisa and Co :-) who are headed back to the states.


3 comments:

Charity Grace said...

Great to have an update, Melissa! The pictures are great.

I am the Clay said...

OH, my you have had such wonderful visits from so many folks! How wonderful -- you are blessed melissa! I do hope life does slow down this week for you & madi.. or at least enough for you and baby to "catch your breath"......

Hugs to you and madi!
gloria

Blessed Mommy said...

you are a busy, crazy lady.. but it sounds like a wonderful (full) week you had :)