June 16, 2007

Who cares........





...I am not asking that at all sarcastically, I am asking that of myself, in the depths of heart and perhaps asking it for the children, the children who really don't have anyone to care...can you imagine, what life would feel like, knowing that no one cares about you...I mean really, no one cares...no one to care if you cry alone in your urine soaked bed, or if you have flies buzzing around your mouth, but can't swat them away, or if your brain can't make the muscles in your mouth and throat cooperate so you can do something as simple as swallow, or if you have a sad day, a lonely day, you think something is funny, if you are scared...I can't even go there mentally I have no idea what that would even feel like and nothing to compare it to and know that it is worse than I could possibly imagine as most of us have never NOT known love and security....even worse, imagining that life for any of our children. Well there is a country of children here in Guatemala who know that kind of suffering...take a peek at the video of Sam on Dick's site, just one of the many children in Hermano Pedro (hospital/orphanage) here in Antigua http://dickrutgers.com




One of my friends this week, e-mailed me just sharing her heart full to the brim, thinking of her husband who had flown here to Guatemala to bring home their 11 year daughter, who has had a lifetime of no one caring and not "just" no one caring, but also experienced hatred and abuse in a horrific form "But God being rich in mercy, because of His great love, with which He has loved us" The enemy just thought he had this little girl pushed far enough to the side that love would never touch her life...but once again, he was wrong, oh so wrong and I can tell you that the same little girl who I met months ago, with her beautiful smile that in no way hid the pain in her eyes, is now the radiant daughter of my friends.....so in my friend's e-mail to me she said, that she loved imagining, her little girl's face, when her new daddy walked in the doors of that orphanage, and said "Get your things,'cause we are out of here" and the Spirit of God resonated in my heart, that I have heard those words before too "Just as He chose us in Him, before the foundations of the world...."

We have a mission team coming from our church in good 'ole Lindale Texas :-) in a little over a week, that my brother Andrew and sister in law, Hannah will be leading...we plan to focus on Hermano Pedro and Amor Del Nino and seriously need your prayers that the Lord would move and work and most of all would be worshipped during our time together! I have 7 family members who will be apart of that team ( jumping up and down excited) and Andrew,Hannah and Virginia will stay a week later and Caleb will stay a couple more weeks later, to be followed by my sister, Mary who is coming for 10 days AND my friend Alison who is coming for two weeks...so, we are gearing up and looking forward to a month and a half of company, which is one of the many beauties of being apart of a huge family, there is always someone my family can ship to me...no shortage on sibs or company!!! :-)

2 comments:

Charity Grace said...

Ohhhh, I can imagine how excited you must be to have so many family members coming! I can't wait to see pictures!

I am the Clay said...

My heart breaks for the "forgotten ones" ..... but knowing full well the Father has truly not forgotten them..........

Meliss -- you will surely enjoy and be blessed by all the wonderful company you are going to have! How wonderful!!!

Love to you and madi!

gloria :)