July 22, 2007

Another week.....


Seriously, you guys, you have got to be the sweetest, most loyal, supportive friends in the world...thanks for your e-mails checking on us and phone calls too ( and for friends here in Guatemala who offered to baby-sit, come to visit, grocery shop...we felt so loved, thank you!)...we are alive and kicking and gearing up for a busy week ahead of us! My brother Caleb was here for the past two weeks ( he stayed on when the mission team from my home church left) and we have been sicker than sick with some wretched bug and literally would go from the bed, to the couch to the sprite bottle (on the good days)...yeah, not a fun one and it hit all three of us! I kept telling Caleb how sorry I was he was so sick ( he was the sickest of all of us, for two weeks straight) as I knew his "To Do" list for his time in Guatie was long and detailed and instead he was sick on my couch and he just kept saying "Heck, I love being sick with you!" Talk about a true brother to the core! Yesterday was our first really "well" day and we hit the town, walked for hours, ate dinner at good ole' Pollo Campero and treated ourselves to unbelievable chocalate crepes!!!!


Caleb left early this morning at 4:00 and Madi and I went to church and then met friends in the park to say goodbye to another good friend who is going home after living here during the adoption process for their twin girls! Another unbelievable couple with a testimony that would bring tears to your eyes...I could write a book full of the testimonies I have seen and heard during my time in Guatemala! Seriously!!

.....Matt, Emily and GIRLS!



Madi is so cute...she loves to worship and last Sunday I looked down and she was raising her hands to one of the songs, I totally cried of course...tears that turned to laughter later that day when she solemnly raised her hands to Dora the Explorer's theme song! Oh well, can't win them all!

8 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

lol, i love that hand-raisin' baby girl of yours!! so glad i got to see you today, and can't WAIT to see you soon in the good 'ol US of A!!!

Instantly Mama said...

Madi just gets more and more adorable! I love all of the pictures! It is neat that so many of your family members have been able to come visit you and help you in your work. You have an awesome family!

The Spicer Family said...

Well, that explains why your blog has been MIA! I'm SO sorry you guys were all sick. I hope this week is a blessed week for you!

Jill Spicer

Charity Grace said...

LOL about Madi's worship! My Sarah (who is 2) claps and dances to *any* song--fast, slow, Jesus songs or something she hears in the store. Cracks me up. Aren't they fun?

Katie said...

Food for my soul. Madi already looks older! Stop it!

I am the Clay said...

melissa,
I am so sorry you have all been sick! No fun - and guate sick is awful......much worse than being sick here in the USA.

I am glad you have enjoyed having your brother caleb around......

Loved the pictures!

gloria

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I know you through Steve Osborn and he said I should talk to you about what steps I need to take in starting the adoption of one of their babies Flor. Could you send me your email address at amanda@clayinhishands.com??

Thanks, and God bless!!

P.S. I've loved reading your blogs!!

Scott & Melissa Davis said...

Hi Amanda!
I would be more than happy to help in any way I am able but your e-mail keeps being returned...Would you mind resending?
Thanks and blessings1
Melissa