July 7, 2007

Memories




You guys are so great...thanks for all your e-mails wishing us a nice vacation time as a family. When the rest of our mission team and some of my family left last weekend, I had my brother Andrew, his wife Hannah, little sister Virginia and brother Caleb stay on through another week. Andrew and Hannah came to me one afternoon early in the week excited about this amazing deal they found, super cheap and we could stay in this "resort" right on the ocean about 2 1/2 hours from Antigua! We have been talking about going to the ocean so this seemed like the golden opportunity and we loaded up and headed out for three days. I am not sure if we laughed or sweat more....we had one of the best times I can remember. We completely roughed it, Madi loved every second like a little native and the ocean took our breaths away and we fell asleep each night to the crashing of waves...does it honestly get any better than that? We talked for hours, laughed like there was no tomorrow, took naps in hammocks, weren't even a little careful what we ate, "enjoyed" the crabs, bats, and iguanas ( the latter two IN our huts) played in the waves, stayed up late, experienced the whole island losing electricity for an entire night ( so dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your face) got eaten alive by mosquitoes and wore grass skirts....okay, well, we didn't wear grass skirts although it would have been completely appropriate, we decided against it when we thought of the alternative for the guys! Such a fun time...We decided it was perfect and want to do it yearly!



Andrew and Hannah just celebrated their 1st year anniversary....what was really fun is they honeymooned in Guatemala, so the "coming back" part was special for all of us!






The front of our "resort"

We came home to several good bye flings for my dear friend Katie and her baby Eliot, who are going home to hubby and daddy as Eliot's adoption is complete....not only has Katie become a close friend, she has been such an inspiration to me spiritually, has been the trooper of the year during a really tough adoption process and not sure I have laughed at/with anyone more, except my sister....she is so fun and we love the whole Mohr family and are so delighted and rejoicing with them in the hand of the Lord in their life and HOMECOMING!!!





With Bella....Madi's partner in crime and cuteness...works nicely as I love Bella's mommy too!!


Caleb is here and will be staying until the end of the month which is really entirely too good to be true!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that pic of Madi and Caleb the cutest thing you have ever seen??? ~Sharon

Blessed Mommy said...

i am so excited to see the pics of your vacation at the beach -- how incredibly fun. I am so glad you were able to fully enjoy your time with your family!!!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Melissa,

I was just in Guatemala one month ago working with Amor Del Nino! Steve directed us to your blog....wow! I am so overwhelmed and so thankful for all of your thoughts. I am going to be praying for you. There is a little girl at Amor del Nino we are wanting to adopt. I would love to talk to you further. My e-mail is lindseyewheeler@hotmail.com!! Thanks, Lindsey Wheeler (Nashville, TN)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a great time with your family. The pics are awesome!
Miriam

I am the Clay said...

melissa,
I am so blessed by reading your blog and hearing of your expierences in guatemala....love the photos as well!

Love,
Gloria