July 27, 2007

Two are better than one....


"Two are better than one...




for if either of them falls...




the one will lift up his companion....




Is there anything sweeter than little girls??? Madi has taken off and is walking EVERYWHERE...such a fun stage as she has just become my little companion...she is such a happy baby, and keeps me on my toes as she was blessed in the uhhhh, well the spunky personality department. She reminds me so much of myself, except it's usually the part I subconsciously try to cover and not show too often!!! :-) Ha! My favorite is watching her dance. She bobs up and down with this silly "Aren't you proud of me" smile on her cute chubby face...we both just laugh. She is going to keep me from ever getting too serious and settled in life, that's for sure. Not sure life has ever been so perfect......





**************************************************

Friends we had over for pizza dinner this week!









I had the opportunity to spend the day with Donie ( co-director of Casa Bernabe) and some of the Casa Bernabe staff this week, as we met with some of our attorneys and then visited an orphanage in the city who had asked for help and support. It was such an unbelievably rich day on every front, but my time with Donie was especially memorable as we talked for hours, she counseled and imparted without even knowing that she was what she was doing and the wisdom and depth of her walk with the Lord just flowed as she shared so much of her life and testimony. If it had been at all natural, I would have asked to pull out a notebook and write as she spoke...I could have written a book. She has been on the front lines of orphan ministry for over 40 years, the testimonies and miracles abounded as His word and love went forth through this simple woman whose credentials were only that she was yielded and listening. I didn't want to forget any of it..it's just this desire that wells up in your heart to grab on to the depths that you see of God's hand working in someone's life, which is your own hunger for Him...the desire to sidetrack all of the things that bog us down... bog me down and learn from someone who has grown to know nothing but the cross of Christ and the life He brings, in the simplicity and purity of the gospel.I don't want to waste time, years in being sidetracked, distracted, or bogged down with the unimportant. Mentoring, wow is it ever important and vital. I WANT to hear what God is speaking to someone who has been serving and loving Him longer than I have been alive, that kind of opportunity is an incredible gift. A gift I have been given my whole life with my own mom, someone who believed God for the lives of her children and someone who dreamed big... that each one of her children would love Jesus with every portion of their hearts. She was my "Eli" when I would pad into her room at night and say "Mom, I think God just laid this on my heart" ..she would teach me to go back and say "Speak Lord for your servant is listening" She taught me to hear His voice by her faith. And then I look at Madi, perfect, spunky, darling little Madi...where do I start mentoring her, how could I ever be an accurate picture to her of the Lord, I want her to know His greatness, have her life changed by His love. I could easily be overwhelmed by the "what if's" and the responsibility of leading this little one to the cross...but then, maybe it is more simple than I am making it, maybe it just all starts ( and ends ) with "Jesus loves me this I know"


2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

i cannot stand how CUTE those pics are!!! miss you guys sooo much, and I'll be 100% honest when I say that you are one of the greatest moms i know!!! lots of love to you both!

I am the Clay said...

melissa,

What a beautiful heart you have...... God bless you dear friend! May He continue to lay in your heart a love for HIS own children......

Madi is precious! What an adorable smile! You are blessed!

Much love,
gloria
ps. what is going on with your adoption? Is it finalized?