July 9, 2007




I know I share alot about Hermano Pedro and the children living within those walls, but I meet the Lord there everytime I walk through the doors...how could I not...His presence flows through and rests in each corridor, because the inhabitants are His very heartbeat...I was there last Saturday and was actually once again at little Alex's crib, and to my surprise from the radio that had been playing Latino love songs, came ( in English...thank you Lord...He didn't want me to get bogged down with translating!) "When you believe" a song from "The Prince of Egypt" and I am sitting there, stroking little Alex's forehead listening to this song and the world just seemed to stop for me ( maybe for both me and Alex) and I stood there at his crib and cried.... most of all convicted how I had shortened the arm of God in my mind and heart, believing that He too saw each child trapped in their cribs and felt hope slip away like I do so many days when I walk away after putting kids back in their cribs and hearing their cries as I walk back out the door into the sunshine of life...but, see that's just it...He doesn't...He doesn't walk away and His arm is not short and His power is GREAT and His love and mercy have no end or beginning. This is the God who split the sea and His people walked through on dry ground, this is the God Who heard the cries of His children and brought them into a Promise Land they could barely even begin to believe existed, this is the God Who met their needs, Who fed them, Who taught them, Who guided them, Who miraculously rescued them from the hands of their enemies...and so last Saturday, He stretched my small faith just a little more and exposed me once again to His heart, His power, His life changing love for the children living in Hermano Pedro.... I have no desire to put the Lord in a box anymore, I have been there, done that...I am all out of answers, just back where I started, at the foot of the cross where the power and love of God can change lives!


**********************************

Many nights we prayed

With no proof anyone could hear

In our hearts a hope for a song

We barely understood Now we are not afraid

Although we know there is much to fear

We were moving mountains

Long before we knew we could.....


There can be miracles When you believe Though hope is frail

Its hard to kill Who knows what miracles You can achieve When you believe somehow you will You will when you believe.....


In this time of fear Hope seems like the summer bird

Too swiftly flown away

Yet now I'm standing here

My hearts so full, I cant explain

Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say


There can be miracles When you believe

Though hope is frail

Its hard to kill Who knows what miracles You can achieve

When you believe somehow you will You will when you believe


3 comments:

Gallagators said...

You brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

I am the Clay said...

You have a beautiful heart.......

God bless you melissa!!

gloria

ramona said...

What a blessing to be in a place where you "see" God at work on a daily basis. We tend to get so distracted by our material goods that surround us here in the States. I have found that when I travel out of the US, to a place where the people have so much less than we do, that I tend also to find people who are closer to God.

Thank you for loving these little ones, Melissa, and for doing what you can to take care of them.

Blessings
Ramona